Instant Downloadable PDFs of Any of your Posts/Pages/CPTs! The easy way to Boost your Site's Value and Memorability...
Instant Downloadable PDFs of Any of your Posts/Pages/Custom Post Types! The easy way to Boost your Site's Value and Memorability...
One-Click PDF Creation Software Installation
- Choose Core from either mPDF or tcPDF (both free!)
- PDFs are created on-the-fly directly from your server
Automatic Download Icon Display Placement
- Display on All Posts, Pages and/or Custom Post Types!
- Easily Exclude Posts/Pages by Slug or ID
- Per Post Writing Screen Metabox for Display Overrides
- Manual PDF Download Icon Shortcode
- Manual PDF Download Icon Template Function
Fully Customizable Icon Easy Styling Options
- Change Icon Display Image and Alignment
- Change Icon Caption Text, Font, Alignment
- Dynamic Example Display of Customized Icon
Full Wordpress Content Filter Output Control
- Decide which WP Filters to apply to Content output
Optional Downloadable PDF Output Controls
- include Header Image and Header Text
- include Permalink and Author Link
- include Footer Image and Footer Text
- PDF Filename Output Options
PDF Download Stats for every Post/Page/CPT
- Easily Track your most Popular Content!
What should I use for PDF creation, tcPDF or mPDF?
It is really up to you, they do a very similar good job with minor differences. Installing both tcPDF and mPDF and downloading a PDF will show you which is better suited to your content and you can customize them from there if and as needs be.
How do I display the Download Icon within a Post/Page?
Using the shortcode
[pdf-shuttle] or `[pdf-shuttle-link']
You can also use
How do I display the Download Icon for a specific Post/Page?
Using the shortcode
[pdf-shuttle id=xx] or
How do I display the Download Link in a Post/Page Template?
By using the function
<?php dp_echo_download_link(); ?>
Or better (so that if the plugin is deactivated your template does not break):
If your theme template has an action in a good place to hook to, an easier way to add the Download Icon would be to simply hook to that action:
<?php add_action('your_template_hook','dp_echo_download_link'); ?>
- WordQuest Integration
- Freemius Integration
- Name Change to PDF Shuttle
- Shortcode Additions
- Update to PDF Core Install/Updates
- Added Custom Post Type Support
- Fix to Shortcode for specified ID
- Added Download Stats
- Added Metabox Options
- General Bugfixing/Styling
- Added tcPDF Support
- Added Exclude Options
- Development Version
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
download-posts.zipvia the Wordpress plugin installer.
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
- Go to the Download Posts admin menu area.
- Check the paths where you want the PDF cores installed.
- Choose and Install your PDF core software (tcPDF and.or mPDF)
Tip: Installing both tcPDF and mPDF and downloading a PDF will show you which is better suited to your content and you can customize them from there if needs be.